Friday, August 9, 2013

Another Weekend of DIY House Decoration

This weekend will see the almost completed floor projects. The living room flooring is one of the last major flooring project. We completed the main window wall in our living room last weekend. It is amazing the difference in our home from when we first bought the house. It has almost been 3 years since we bought our home and each year we continue to make this house our home.
The view of our main living room window.

Our second year in the home.

another view of our living room in our second year.

First weekend of August living room changes.

We are quite pleased with the changes and this weekend I do believe will see a vast change. I have also been busy with my embroidery machine. This week saw all seven of the flower pictures completed for my nephew and his partner Tamara. I really love the way they came out. Next week or so I hope to be able to frame them. This of course will all depend on what we finish around the house. I also worked on my bird wall hanging, I was really worried that it might have been ruined as I was working on it the other day and the electricity went out. That is one of the pitfalls when doing machine embroidery, when the electricity goes off and you haven't saved the design you altered to fit your needs it is most likely never going to line up and you will have to take it all out. When you do embroidery by hand you often trace your design out at least twice, once when you are creating the design and then when you put it onto the fabric.

On the 19th of this month I start back to school, it will be interesting to see how much I will get done in sewing for the next 3 months. I am hoping to be able to finish some of the projects that I have going before than but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment