Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last Day of 2014

I have been busy cleaning and organizing since my classes ended on the 14th of December. When I am in classes I do minimum cleaning it never seems to fail that I just get so wrapped up in the classes. This next term due to begin January 12, 2015 all my classes are online. Which brings me back to the cleaning and organizing I am hoping that by getting everything cleaned and put together that I may be able to do more sewing and complete more projects while in school.

Looking at this year there are many things that are about to change one of those maybe that 2014 will be the last full year that I have had a child in my home. My daughter turns 21 in January and in March she is looking to move out, I am hoping it goes as she wishes it to go. I wished to move my sewing and crafting into a separate room so we are looking at putting my sewing into the office and turning her room into the office, this way if said daughter needs to move back in we only need to move our desks and computers out rather than all the sewing equipment.

When looking behind I always seem to look ahead at the possibilities, I find that when I do this I don't regret as much what I haven't done because when looking ahead I can still achieve so much more. So much is coming together, I am absolutely thrilled with what my husband is doing in the kitchen and now that I have tile and my oven and my cooktop it is so much easier being patient as he puts the rest of it together. I just know it will look fabulous when it is finished. And you know most women would not be as ecstatic about a closet as I am but I simply have to show you all what he has done for me. In the hallway to our bedroom there was a small closet I think at one time it may have held a heater I am not sure as it sits above the return vents to the house and the heater is now in the mm I guess you would call it an attic but to me it is a crawl space. So when we first moved in we store the vacuum and odds and ends in there but what I wanted to do was to be able to store my craft supplies you know to keep them all together. Well my husband could have simply thrown some shelves up and you know I probably would have been just fine with that but nope he did so much more he measured my largest tub and built the shelf space accordingly  and then he stained and finished them so that I wouldn't snag or damage anything that I stored in there.And it is right across from the office which we will be putting my sewing and crafting into so it is a win win. So now I can get to really rearranging and organizing I may even be able to label some things and use what I have.


                   

I also took back a bookshelf that I was letting my daughter use to store my fabric in rather then the wardrobe I was using because I couldn't see all my fabric. So now I have my fabric all rolled up onto comic boards or actual bolt boards as I have begun asking for the bolt boards when I go to the fabric store and it is so much easier to store it that way. So I went from this wardrobe to this shelving.



I have made some progress on cover of my soon to be nieces umbrella for her wedding I am at about 10 1/2 inches in diameter now so only about 26 more inches to go. I am making faster progress than I thought I would and I like the pattern that is emerging.
 

 And finally the last of my clean up not organizing mind you but clean-up is on my sewing table now. So now I just need to wrap this up and label it for the project I have in mind and then finish up a few other projects and maybe I can get back to Smaug.

In 2015 there will be many changes for me some ok, some spectacular, some scary, but no matter what it will all be changed for me. And if it is anywhere close to what I felt in 2014 I will enjoy it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment