Friday, March 20, 2015

March oh March

March has been a very busy month for me. It is the beginning of Spring, the middle of the Semester, and this year it was the month that my youngest moved out. Her moving out of course opened up a room for my sewing ensemble to go into. This affected a total of four rooms in our home. Originally I set my sewing up in the living room and then it carried over to parts of the dining room. For over 21 years I have never had a room that I could dedicate solely to my crafts and now that I do I find that it is not as easy to do as you would think.

Because I have accumulated many things that I use when sewing to go from being spread out all over to being consolidated to one location. Hmm, logistics is an interesting concept, I have begun the dismantling though and we are on our way. We moved the office into the room where the lighting isn't quite as good so that when I sew I will have as much natural lighting as I can get. We took off one side of my craft table as I have my desk that my husband built me several years ago that I will be using for my embroidery machine. I am also considering letting go of one of my embroidery machines as it is difficult to use two machines at the same time.

I took a few pictures this area is where my light table is set-up in our new office. It will be much easier I think to actually be in a different room from my sewing for this portion.
 As you can see I have a lot of fabric and books, that will need to be organized and cleaned up.
 This is the wall where my design wall will go.
 Under all of this is the desk that my husband built for me that will soon hold my embroidery machines.
 And there you see a small glimpse of my crafting table and the window which it will set next to.
The nice part of all of this is once it is finished than I will have a regular living room, dining room and oddly enough still a full house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment