Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Okay so I attempted the little star quilt and obviously I have a problem with geometric shapes. I starched my fabric and I took my time in cutting out the 10 X 10 squares. The instructions were very clear and yet some how it must have been the little quilting fairies decided that I was not to have a star quilt but rather a diamond quilt. Twas quite distressing that it did not turn out the way I wanted and yet I still rather like it. So here are my pictures
this is my fabric choice beautiful reds and a nice creamy background with a red backing.
 Here are my ribbon choices, which I am going to decide on which one I wish to use in adding some flair and personality that is me into the blanket.
 My 16 cut 10" X 10" squares.
 My 10" X 10" squares sewn and cut to be the 1/2 and 1/2 print and background fabric.
 My 10" X 10" squares pressed and ready to join. This by the way is where I began to veer sharply from the star design that I was attempting to capture and it became definitely a diamond.
And here is my windmill diamond top completed you know I failed geometry in school, but I must say this looks kind of cool. And I have plenty of stash I believe that I can attempt again tomorrow for the star.

No comments:

Post a Comment