Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Introduction

I first began embroidering when I was about 9 years old, I loved the colors and texture of the thread and fell in love with the idea that I could create any picture I wanted simply with fabric and thread.

I did not really like sewing so much because it was difficult and I could never seem to get it to do what it was suppose to. Besides my mother held that position and there was no second to her I thought.

However, I was able to pick up the basics and now for the last 18 months I have slowly begun to pick up a bit more about sewing, specifically quilting again it is the ability to create a picture with fabric and thread. I am able to combine my love of thread and fabric and instead of a small canvas I now have a much larger play area.

Another love of thread this time in the form of crocheting, I realized that I could also combine sewing, embroidery with crocheting. I have always loved the vintage doilies and tablecloths, the delicate lace that was joined together with a sturdy thread. So I have begun to implement that as well into my crafts.

Not everything I do is with thread, I also love to create door wreaths, these are a blast to make and are easily completed in a short amount of time.

The other area that I love is my family, they are my inspiration and my energy. Without them I find that I have very little desire to achieve much.

No comments:

Post a Comment