Wednesday, August 6, 2014

How to start working on your dreams.

Have you ever had a dream, a dream that no matter what never left you? Over the years I have had several of these dreams they bloom and fade and bloom again and yet I never feel quite right about following them. That is until this past few months, over the last two years there have been many changes in my life. My son moved out and is busy living his life,my nephew has found himself the woman he has chosen to marry, my first niece has a daughter of her own, and my second niece well she has graduated college and is working in the field of her choice, and my daughter well she continues to surprise me everyday with the changes that come over her some good some make me shake my head. My husband continues to be a strong support system for me as I flicker from one idea to the next. Almost from the start he has always looked at what I do with amazement and this I think is the main reason I have been persistent in exploring my dreams more avidly. Sometimes, the fear of failure is so strong, or maybe it is the fear of judgement, either way it is fear.

As a child I would look on as my mother sewed and wanted so much to be able to create as she did. I truly felt I had failed in that respect for a very long time. It was not until recently that I accepted that I am creative just not in the same way as she was. It took me 40 years to come to this conclusion and since I hit my 50th year this past July, I can honestly see that my dream did come true. Because of this realization, I am taking a chance and putting it out there for everyone to see. I don't write on a regular basis because well to be honest I don't think about it or if I do think about it, I think what can I write that someone else hasn't written already. And to stay on the honesty kick the fact of the matter is I would write about the struggles of obtaining my dreams and the fact that not everything I make comes out exactly like I want it to, however, it still comes out quite different than what it started out as.

I have moved around so much in my life many people don't understand why when I finally got a home that I could call my own the desire to truly decorate and remodel it to fit me and my husband is so very strong, that having someone who doesn't really know me or him do anything is not something I do very often. There are a few things he and I don't do electricity is definitely one of them,  yard work is another, plumbing yep another one I have come to accept I don't like to do these things. Otherwise as we make the changes to our home it truly begins to develop within our personality range.

So how do you go about starting to work on your dreams, well that is simple the first step is never give up on them no matter what fears, obstacles or changes come about. Remember only you can make your dreams come true. Others can help and encourage but if your not willing to pick up the pieces and put them together they will never come about.

No comments:

Post a Comment