Friday, January 15, 2016

I did it! I did it!

I finished my queen size quilt! I have had the fabric to make this quilt for over 4 years. I bought the fabric to match my room. Originally I meant to make a lone-star quilt but it was a bit beyond my skill set at the time. One day I hope to be able to make one of these amazing quilts. This is a lonestar quilt. not only the piecing makes this quilt amazing but the quilting makes it amazing as well. One day.



Rather than giving up and saying ok this will  never happen I chose instead a different pattern this one is by Pat Sloan and can be found here:

http://blog.patsloan.com/2015/09/pat-sloan-quilt-show-scrap-happy-little-wishes-free-pattern.html

This was Pat's version and below is my completed quilt. This was a quilt that I started a few months ago and was determined to finish it before my Spring Semester of College started and I succeeded in doing just that. There are still many projects that I have started and so want to finish, but I did finish some things and most importantly I finished our quilt. 


Now it is time to clean up my room and look at what else I want to do and see how I can manage to do this while I am still in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment