Sunday, January 17, 2016

What to do with this block



This is January's block for Pat Sloan's 2016 Quilt along. I am very happy with the center block and the colors go well together. However, I am thinking I am going to redo this block it took me a full day to complete this block because I am working on my accuracy with cutting and sewing. This block is suppose to finish at 16 1/2 X 16 1/2 and I am close but not exactly where it should be. One of the good things I did accomplish with this block is I did not lose any of my points. I also have a quarter of an inch to join this block with another and that is a bonus because I won't lose my points there either.

Now the draw back is that I don't have enough of this fabric I believe to complete the quilt and the fabric that I used even though it is cotton it is more like the weight of a nice light linen dress. So it won't hold up to a lot of wear and tear.

Another drawback is I am not a pastel kind of girl I guess because though I like the way it came out I am just not over joyed with it. 

Pat Sloan's quilt along can be found here: http://blog.patsloan.com/2016-my-secret-garden/

Pat gives both written instructions and has pictures so her patterns are fairly simple to follow along. Take  your time cutting and lay out all your cut pieces and you should be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment