Saturday, January 23, 2016

Snow White of Wasteland

My daughter has a yearly event that she has attended for the last two years, the first year she went I was so amazed because it did not seem like an event she would go to but basically you spend something like 5 days out in the desert and it is much like the Mad Max movies from long ago. But she came home and told me that her new nick name was Snow White of Wasteland. Which brought to mind a panel that I had bought for her several years ago because she has always reminded me of Snow White  and I knew exactly what I had to do. So I started with these components below.
First I cut the pictures out of the panel and I did some embroidery work on the larger panel to bring out some detail in it. I then cut the below fabric which was made by David Textiles from Thomas Kinkade's work. 

Below is the logo for the event that my daughter attends I pulled a jpg into Canvas and created a fcm file and then cut it out of black smoked fabric on my Brother Scan and Cut and then appliqued it onto a deep green fabric to give it color.


This project has been two years in the making as I did the handwork on it, I pinned it onto my shades so as I walked back and forth in my room I would see it as I tried to figure out how I wanted it to go together and today I completed it. I worked all day on it I finally knew how I wanted to do it and today was the day and I FINISHED IT! I am so happy with the way it came out I even got the filler fabric going in the same direction. Happy Birthday Tasha I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment